You are currently browsing the monthly archive for February 2010.
Wild About You would have to be my favourite stamp set when it comes to making baby cards and 1st and 2nd birthday cards. I love using the pretty giraffe on girls cards and the very cute lion on boys cards. So as I mentioned in my last post I am going to do a parade of cards featuring Wild About You for the next few posts.
Starting with this card that I made for my sister to give to a friend who had a little boy.
I made another card using this same design for our sweet little friend Charlie’s 1st birthday
The number 1 above was made using the lowercase letter i from the Jumbo Outline Alphabet Stamp Set. First I inked up the giraffe in Ballet Blue and using my Stamp-a-ma-jig I stamped the letter i onto the giraffes body to make a spotty number one.
Have a great day and thanks for dropping by. Will be back soon with some more Wild About You cards.
Baby Boy Card
- Paper: Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Apricot Appeal, Whisper White, Hoppy Memories Simply Scrappin’ Kit
- Stamps: Wild About You, Best Yet
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Ballet Blue
- Accessories: Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, Small Oval Punch, Large Oval Punch, Oval Scallop Punch, Brads (non SU)
Charlies Birthday Card
- Paper: Ballet Blue, Pumpkin Pie, Bashful Blue, Whisper White,
- Stamps: Wild About You, Sanded Background, Big Bold Birthday
- Ink: Pumpkin Pie, Summer Sun, Ballet Blue, Bashful Blue
- Accessories: Paper Piercer and Mat Pack, 1 1/4″ circle punch, 1 3/8″ circle punch, Circle Scallop Punch
I so did not want to have to start this blog post with yet another apology for getting behind with my blogging but unfortunately I do… Sorry I was sick for a couple of days last week which threw out my week and I been trying to catch up since.
Anyway here I am… I want to show you a LO I did a little while ago using one of my favourite packs of DSP Sweet Always and the gorgeous and coordinating stamp set Always. I love the colour combination of Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose and Apricot Appeal. I also had a go at using the Scallop Edge Punch to make ric rac… love when things have multiple uses!!
here are a few close ups…
I’m not sure if you can see the detail in the title. I stamped the Jumbo Outline Alphabet in Regal Rose and then used one of the little flowers from the Always stamp set and randomly stamped it over the letters in Pink Pirouette.
The little bird below has been stamped in Apricot Appeal and I added some pastels over the flowers on his belly so they weren’t so white.
I also embossed the heart with white Stampin’ Emboss Powder.
So there you have it! I was really pleased with this LO and I had loads of fun putting it together.
I have a stack of cards to show featuring another one of my favourite stamp sets Wild About You. So stay tuned because I am working on putting together a parade of Wild About You cards.
Have a wonderful day and thanks for dropping by
- Stamps: Always, Jumbo Outline Alphabet
- Paper: Sweet Always DSP, Pink Pirouette (textured), Pumpkin Pie, Apricot Appeal, Regal Rose, Whisper White
- Inks: Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Pumpkin Pie, Versamark,
- Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Punch, 1 1/2 ” punch, 1 3/8″ punch, White Stampin’ Emboss Powder, Stampin’ Pastels, Felt Flowers (Flower Fusion), Silver Brad
I have always enjoyed checking out challenges and quite often use them as a source of inspiration but I have never actually participated in a challenge. Its been something I have wanted to do and when I found out about the Just Add Ink blog I knew I would have to have a go seeing so many of the talented girls from our team are a part of this fantastic blog.
As soon as I saw the challenge for this week I thought to myself that if I was going to have a go at a challenge this should be it. I love this sketch and it lends itself to a scrapbook page so well.
So with that in mind I created this 6×6 scrapbook page. I had so much fun putting this little page together because I got the chance to use my Circle Scissors Plus, make one of those cute Circle Scallop flowers that I have seen on many a blog and use a paper Crimper to make the paper lace/doily.
This LO is going towards the Days-to Remember Calendar Sarah and I made for our parents in law… I’ll bring you up to date on that as well as some more 6×6 pages another time as I really need to get on with submitting this challenge!
Thanks for dropping by
Klass Cousins 6×6 Layout
- Paper: Kraft, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White, Loves Me DSP
- Accessories: Circle Scissor Plus, Circle Scallop Punch, Scallop Boarder Punch, Eyelet Boarder Punch, Crimper, Button Latte, Linen Thread, Corner Rounder Punch
Ok, so lets try this again.
I’m back yet again, not that I have actually been anywhere this time but to say things have been a little busy would be an understatement not to mention the chaos that is my craft room at the moment! It is currently having a makeover and I cant wait till its all done. I will have to post some pics of my new creative space once its up and running.
I made these two cards while I was still at the farm. Lucky I did because I have done very little in the form of cardmaking or scrapbooking since coming home!
This first card was for some dear friends who welcomed their adorable baby boy into the world at the end of December. I used the same design that I used for Baby Luca’s card, I just changed the colour combo.
This card below is currently packed away somewhere safe in my spare room along with most of the contents of my craft room. I really must find it and get it in the post to a friend who had her little girl at the end of December. I think I can safely assume that she does not check out this blog and I can post a picture of this card before I have actually sent it.
I must apologise to those of you who have dropped by and noticed things were a little quiet. To be honest I was starting to get a little nervous seeing I had broken my New Year’s resolution already!!! Thanks Michelle who very nicely said to me at our team day “You need to update your blog!”
And while we are on the subject of Team Day and blogs, check out Michelle’s blog for the cards we all made at the last team day. We all took part in a Summer Mini Shoebox Swap!! It was lots of fun but I must say that I have never stamped so hard and talked so little in my entire stamping life!!… and I still didn’t get all cards done and I still have homework to do!!! So if you pop over to Michelle’s you will get to see all the wonderful cards we made rather than waiting for me to finish mine!! (Thanks Mich … Hope you don’t mind )
- Stamps: Framed with Love, Punches Three
- Paper: Naturals Ivory, Whisper White, Patterns Paper Pack II DSP Brocade Blue,
- Inks: Brocade Blue, Riding Hood Red, Baja Breeze,
- Accessories: Riding Hood Red Striped Grosgrain Ribbon, Baja Breeze Double Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, Wide Oval Punch
- Stamps: Punches Three, Cheep Talk
- Paper: Pink Pirouette, Regal Rose, Patterns Paper Pack II DSP Apricot Appeal, Walk in the Park DSP (retired), Whisper White
- Inks: Regal Rose, So Saffron
- Accessories: Scallop Circle Punch, 1 1/4″ Circle Punch, Pink Pirouette Striped Grosgrain Ribbon