You are currently browsing the monthly archive for March 2010.
The first Happy Birthday is for Sarah… I am sure I don’t need to remind you (but I will anyway) that she is my very gorgeous and extremely talented SIL who I love to bits just like a sister. Truth be told I am a bit late in getting this card up here. I had hoped for it to be up on Monday (Sair’s actual birthday) so I could get you all to pop over to her and wish her a very Happy Birthday but a little storm and no power meant no blogging for a day or so and then things got a little busy. However you can still wish her a belated birthday.
The inspiration for this card came from Makeesha’s Inkspiration Inspiration Challenge.
Purple is not a colour I use often but if I do I love combining it with green. I went with my safe purple colour Lavender Lace (my fav out of all the purples) and combined it Kiwi Kiss, although I used Old Olive for the stem and leaves of the flower. I stamped the image on watercolour paper and then went over it with my aqua painter to give it a water colour effect.
The second birthday wish is for my Father in law who will celebrate his birthday next week. I find it so hard to make ‘blokey’ cards so I kept it really simple – and as you can see I stuck to my standard ‘blokey’ colours of Baja Breeze, Kraft and Chocolate Chip.
Well I hope you are having lovely week and if you are in Perth I hope the storm was kind to you!
Sair’s Bday Card
- Stamps: Inspired by Nature, Pocket Silhouettes, Happy Moments
- Paper: Watercolour Paper, Lavender Lace, Kiwi Kiss, Naturals Ivory
- Inks: Lavender Lace, So Saffron, Old Olive, Versamark
- Accessories: Playground Buttons, Linen Thread, Aqua Painter
Des’ Bday Card
- Stamps: Party Hearty
- Paper: Kraft, Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, Very Vanilla, Urban Oasis DSP
- Inks: Chocolate Chip, Baja Breeze
- Accessories: Silver Brad, Chocolate Chip wide grosgrain ribbon, Baja Breeze double stitched grosgrain ribbon
I have finally returned with some better photos of the ‘Grateful’ Layout I did for the Stamp-A-Memory Challenge. I have to say this was a had LO to take a good photo of… maybe it was the Really Rust that was causing the problem. Anyway after many attempts throughout the day I now have some better pics and some closeups too
I think it is fair to say that we all have so many things in our lives that we are grateful for… so take some time to scrapbook them and then submit it for the Stamp-A-Memory creative challenge! I would love to see what you are grateful for and the layout that goes with it.
I was asked if I would like to participate in a challenge at Stamp-A-Memory as I am the guest designer for this month… still very excited about that!! The challenge was to create a layout on the topic/theme of being grateful or I am grateful for. I am so blessed to have so many things that I am grateful for but I guess one of the things that I am so grateful for is my family and that is just what I chose to scrapbook.
Now before you go and look at the photos of my layout I have to first apologise as the first photo was taken at night and the lighting is terrible. I did take some more today, but I was rushed and as a results the picture quality is worse than the one I took the other night. When I get a second tomorrow I will update this post with much better photos.
Here is my grateful layout…. I had no idea where I was going with this to start with but I am so pleased with how it came together. I had so much fun making those cute flowers and the little picket fence (the fence idea came from Tania’s blog…I have been storing that idea away for a while!)
Well I hope you had a lovely weekend, we had a little party for Ivy’s birthday today with very close friends and family. It was a lovely afternoon but I am exhausted!! Early night for me.
I have set this post up to go live at 6am EST… fingers crossed it worked
- Paper: Barely Banana, Really Rust textured, Very Vanilla Textured, Walk in the Park DSP (retired), Petal Party Simply Scrappin’ Kit
- Stamps: Pocket Silhouettes, So Many Sayings (retired)
- Ink: Old Olive, Black StazOn
- Accessories: Petal Party Simply Scrappin’ Kit, Flower Fusion, Circle Scallop Punch, Linen Thread, Word Window Punch, Playground Buttons, On Board Loads of Letters
Its our sweet little girl Ivy Amelia’s 2nd birthday today. And true to form I have left making her card to the last minute!! I hadn’t planned on entering this challenge, however I had seen the sketch on many a blog and when I pulled out Big Bold Birthday the sketch popped into my head. So with the help of Inkspiration Sketch challenge #19 I put Ivy’s birthday card together.
Now all I have to do is write in it!!
- Paper: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Sweet Always DSP, Patterns Pack II DSP (level 1 hostess set), Whisper White
- Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
- Ink: Chocolate Chip, Regal Rose, So Saffron, Versamark
- Accessories: 5/8″ Grosgrain Ribbon, Chocolate Chip Double stitched Grosgrain Ribbon, brads (nonSU), Heat n Stick powder, Dazzling Diamonds glitter, Scallop Edge Punch
I had so much fun entering my first ever challenge at Just Add Ink a few weeks back and ever since I have been wanting to have another go. When I saw this weeks colour challenge at Just Add Ink I really wanted to play along.
At first I didn’t really see it as much of a challenge seeing I love using pink and greens together… that was until I actually got the cardstock out and realised just how green Green Galore is!!! Add some Pink Passion and Tempting Turquoise and I suddenly understood just why this was a colour challenge!! And to add to this challenge I was down to bare minimum scraps of So Saffron… the colour I was going to use to tone the rest down!!
Aaaaaanyway after a few false starts and almost giving up (I packed everything up, sat at my craft desk and looked out the window for a minute and then pulled it all back out again determined not to give up!!)… this is what I came up with.
Another 6×6 page of the girls for their doting grandparents Days to Remember Calendar. I was pleased with how it all came together in the end… but I must admit I was well and truly challenged!!!!
Delightful Girls 6×6 Layout
- Paper: Green Galore, Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, So Saffron, Walk in the Park DSP (retired)
- Stamps: Petal Pizzazz, Cheep Talk, Life Definitions, Hello Again
- Ink: Green Galore Marker, Tempting Turquoise Marker, Pink Passion Marker, So Saffron Marker
- Accessories: Flower Fusion Felt Flowers, Button Latte, White Gel Pen
I’m am so excited to let you know that I have been selected as the Guest Designer at Stamp-A-Memory for the month of March. I could hardly contain my excitement when I got an email from Tanja a few weeks back telling me this very exciting news
Here is a sneak peek of my page … you will have to pop over to Stamp-A-Memory to see it in full… make sure you do because it is a great blog for those who love to Scrapbook SU! style.
Well now that I have shared my exciting news I had best go and get some jobs done like tidy up my craft desk so I can actually create something. Hope to be back soon with more show n tell.